This is a fun yet challenging 28-stage cannon firing physics game where players must knock competing soldiers over without knocking any of their own soldiers over.
This game could be thought of as something similar to Angry Birds but with a cannon instead of a slingshot, a military theme and some things in the level you do not want to knock over.
- Tap or click near the cannon to begin your shot process. Slide your mouse forward to set the strength and angle of your shot
- Repeat the process until all enemy soldiers have fallen to the ground.
- In some cases you will hit soldiers directly while in others you will knock things into them.
- The cannonball bounces off the metal helmets soldiers wear, which can be both a blessing and a curse!
Play Cannons and Soldiers Mountain Offense Shooting Game Online
Children and adults can play this free online level destruction and hostage saving strategy cannonball game by clicking in the window below.
Alternatively kids and parents can play this fun physics puzzle and cannon firing game as a web application .
Cannons and Soldiers Cannon Firing Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Aim and fire your cannon to knock competing green soldiers down while leaving all of your red soldiers standing.
- Starting the Game
- Click or tap the “Play” button on the welcome screen to begin playing. This will bring up the level select screen.
- Each of the 28 levels must be completed sequentially to unlock further levels.
- Your game progress is stored in your local web browser.
- Once a level is compete you can go back to it at any time.
- To the right of the “Play” button on the game welcome screen there are question market and sound buttons for game design information and turning sound on or off.
- Game Controls
- Set your mouse or finger in front of the cannon and move it up or down to set the angle of your shot.
- Pull forward to set your shot strength and release to fire the cannon.
- Repeat the process until you have won or lost the level.
- won: all competing green soldiers knocked over while none of your captive red soldiers have fallen
- lost: you run out of cannon balls or you knock one of your soldiers to the ground
- There is a pause button in the upper left corner, but since the game is not timed it doesn’t matter other than it allowing you to pull up a menu on the left side to select another level or turn music on or off.
- Once a level is beat an overlay is shown with three buttons.
- From left to right these buttons are: stop play, repeat level, and continue onto the next stage.
- If you lose a level you will see the first two buttons on the overlay.
- Difficulty & scoring
- Early levels in this game are easy but the difficulty level increases significantly as you progress through the game.
- You score points based on how many enemies you knock over and how many blocks you destroy. Your game score is cumulative across levels. If you repeatedly play a level then each play through adds to your cumulative score.
- You must knock all enemies on a level to the ground to move on to the subsequent stage of the game.
- The number of cannonballs remaining is shown next to the pause button in the upper left portion of the screen.
- If you waste cannonballs early in the level and are unlikely to beat it then you can restart the level again by going back to the menu, or fire your remaining balls working on a part of the level that is hard to practice it.
- Be aware that the cannonball can ricochet off of a soldier’s helmet then explode when it hits something else.
- Competing soldiers and other battlefield elements can bump into your soldier and knock them over.
- Strategies for difficult levels
- Players get infinite continues, so there is no harm in experimenting with different strategies if you are struggling with a particular part of a level.
- If you are struggling with a hard part of a level and there is another part of the level which is easy then it could make sense to do the easy part first so that when you finally get the hard part you do not get frustrated by missing the easy part.
- In some cases you may need to hit the soldier, something that will hit into the soldier, or even hit the plank a soldier is standing on in order to knock him over without hitting your soldiers.
- If there is a block directly behind a soldier then hitting that soldier head on may have them lean on the block behind them instead of falling over.
- In some cases it makes sense to use dramatically different angles and shot strengths to approach enemies from different perspectives.
- The prior shot cannonball leaves a tracer of its path, so if you can remember how intense your color was when you shot you can use the prior shot to help guide subsequent shots.
- You can also use the game’s background image to remember the approximate position of your mouse or finger on prior shots.
Like This Game? Review This Free Online Physics Puzzle Game
Cannons and Soldiers: Cannonball Destruction Physics Game
Cannons and Soldiers Mountain Offense Game Screenshot
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.