Help mayor April protect the city of Hazardville.
- Read about various types of natural disasters.
- Take mitigation steps to minimize the risk and damage done by disasters.
- Keep the city healthy through the end of the game.
Play Hazardville Game Online
Children and parents can play this educational natural disasters game by clicking in the window below.
Alternatively kids and adults can play this natural disaster introduction video game for free as a web application .
Hazardville Game for Kids Video Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Read the instructions and then help protect the city from various hazards.
- Starting the Game
- Press the NEW GAME button in the center of the welcome screen to start a new game.
- The upper right corner of the welcome screen has buttons for controlling game sounds and music.
- Game Controls
- Use your mouse left click button to scroll through dialog & to drag items into positions where they belong.
- Touchscreen devices
- Tap the screen with a finger to scroll through dialog, or to select items and drag them into position.
- Game Play
- Learn about the causes of various types of natural disasters, learn which steps can be taken to mitigate their damage, and then protect the city from them.
- This game covers 6 different natural disasters which are discussed below.
- Hazard list
- Lightning from a thunderstorm causing fires, mitigated through the use of lightning rods and establishing a fire station.
- Tornado, mitigated by wind-resistant roofs. This section of the game also discusses hurricanes.
- Floods, mitigated by flood shelters and a warning siren.
- Earthquakes, mitigated by earthquake resistant foundations & a warning siren.
- Tsunami, mitigated by tsunami barriers.
- Volcanic eruption, mitigated by another fire station and a warning siren.
- Target Audience
- The game is suited for young students who like learning about science by playing games.
- The game has no adult themed content.
Like This Game? Review This Natural Disasters Video Game for Young Girls & Boys
Free Online Hazardville Video Game for Children & Adults Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.