This is a 12-stage level escape game where you play as a melting ice cube. This game also serves as an interactive piece of advocacy against ignoring the impacts of climate change.
- Minimize sunlight exposure and make it to the end of the level with over 25% of your health remaining.
- Split in half if needed to have multiple playable halves participate in different parts of the level.
- Activate switches to clear a path.
- Use moveable blocks to help make your way across the level and/or shield you from the sun.
Play Heatwave Antarctica Game Online
Children and parents can play this ice cube level escape game by clicking in the window below.
Alternatively kids and adults can play this melting ice logic puzzle video game versus the computer for free as a web application .
Heatwave Antarctica Level Escape Game for Kids Video Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Minimize sunlight exposure and make your way to the ice platform at the end of the level.
- Starting the Game
- Select the play button on the game loading screen. This will bring up the game welcome screen where you can select which level you want to play.
- Initially only the first level is playable. Each time you beat a level it unlocks the next level.
- Your web browser automatically saves your game progress.
- Game Controls
- Use the left and right arrow keys to move left or right. You can also use the A and D keys.
- Use the up arrow key to jump. You can also use the W key.
- While jumping press the down arrow key to split in half. You can also use the S key.
- Press the spacebar to switch between characters when you are split in half.
- Press the R key to restart a level.
- Touchscreen devices
- This game was designed for desktop play.
- Game Play
- Whenever you are directly exposed to sunlight & are not in the water you lose health.
- Ice platforms exposed directly to the sun also melt away.
- Sunlight does not impact you or other objects when they are below the surface of the water.
- Whenever your life reaches below 25% it is game over.
- If you split your ice cube in half each piece gets 50% health, meaning you can’t lose more than 24% with either or it is game over.
- Wait for when light beams are dim and narrow so they do less damage and pass through them quickly.
- Sometimes it makes sense to split immediately, while other times it makes sense to play a portion of the level as a single ice cube then split after making part way through.
- On many levels you need to move platforms either into positions to activate switches or to help make jumps shorter.
- Some levels have red bars that block the sunlight which when retracted lead to the sunlight hitting whatever is beneath them.
- Target Audience
- The game is suited for people of all ages who like level escape & logic puzzle games.
- The game has no adult themed content.
Like This Game? Review This Melting Ice Room Escape Video Game for Young Girls & Boys
Free Online Heatwave Antarctica Video Game for Children & Adults Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.