This is a retro graphic 15-level 8-bit styled speed run escape game.
- You can land on enemies and kill them, but if you and on spikes or an enemy runs into you death it is a one-hit death.
- Run through the stage to find the key.
- After you have grabbed the key jump through the warp portal.
Play Robo Escape Online
You can play this 8-bit pixel adventure 2D speed run escape game online by clicking in the window below.
Alternatively you can play this game as a web application .
Robo Escape Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Your character automatically runs forward until it hits into something, then it runs in the opposite direction. Find the key then escape
- Starting the Game
- The welcome screen to the game offers buttons to play the game, see level speed records, how to play instructions, links to other games, and a link for full screen mode.
- Once you click on the play button it brings up the level select screen. Each level needs beat sequentially to unlock the next level.
- The level lock status and speed records are autosaved on a per-level basis for all 15 levels in your local web browser.
- Game Controls
- Your character automatically runs forward until bumping into something and then it runs in the opposite direction.
- Your only move you can control is having your character jump. Both single jump and double jump options are available by clicking your mouse.
- There is a pause button at the top of the screen. When you pause the game you can turn sound on or off. The soundtrack to this game really adds to the experience IMHO. 🙂
- If you get hit once, you die.
- If you die you start the level at the beginning.
- You typically run a bit faster than enemies do, though they can often jump higher than you do. Track their travel pattern and intercept them in a place where it is easy for you to jump on them.
- Power Ups
- There are 4 power up types.
- Some of the power ups actually work against you. For instance, the power up which makes you run faster means you have less time to react before potentially running over spikes or running into an enemy.
- Other power ups can help you a lot. A power up which makes you smaller is helpful if you have to jump over spikes in a narrow passageway.
- As you get into higher levels some of the traps can move just like enemies do.
- In many cases this game requires extensive use of the double jump, often requiring you to jump into a wall and then jump again to move in the opposite direction.
Like This Game? Review Robo Escape Game
Robo Escape: Speed Run Escape Game
Robo Escape Speed Run Game Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.