This is a beautiful 50-level horizontal platforming game inspired by the original Super Mario Bros. Players have 2 minutes to complete each level, which requires grabbing a key and stomping on a green button.
- Collect coins and avoid or stomp on enemies as you make your way through the level.
- Find and grab the key.
- Unlock the green button and jump on it.
Play Shadoworld Adventure Game Online
You can play this 8-bit inspired horizontal platforming game online by clicking in the window below. Depending on your Internet connection speed and how our web server is feeling this game can take a minute or two to load.
Alternatively you can play this game as a web application .
Shadoworld Adventure Pixel Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Find the key, unlock the door, and stomp on the green button.
- Starting the Game
- Click the words “touch to start” on the welcome screen. This will bring up the level select screen.
- Each of the 50 levels needs to be completed to unlock the subsequent level.
- Your game progress is automatically stored in your local web browser so you can pick up where you left off before.
- If you missed coins in a level you can go back to it at any time.
- Game Controls
- In the upper right corner there is a menu button for turning music and sounds on or off.
- Using a keyboard
- Use your arrow keys to move left, right, or jump. Press the up button twice to double jump.
- You have the ability to adjust your momentum mid-jump as well as choosing when to do the second jump.
- Using a touchscreen device
- Left and right buttons are in the lower left corner of the screen.
- The jump button is in the lower right corner of the screen. Press twice to double jump.
- You start each level with 3 heart containers. If you are hit by an ordinary enemy you lose a heart container.
- If you fall off platform, get crushed by a block, step on spikes, or run out of time you die.
- You get infinite continues and can restart any level at any time.
- Each star you collect is worth 25 points.
- Most enemies killed are worth 100 points.
- Stomping the button at the end of the level is worth 250 points.
- You do not need to defeat the enemies nor grab all the stars to exit the level. You only need to grab the key and then stomp on the green button.
- Early levels are easy, but the game starts to get at least a bit challenging around level 15.
- Time is quite generous in this game, so it helps to break down movement sequences into discrete chunks.
- Timing double jumps and adjusting your momentum while in mid-air is vital to contend with grabbing items on jumps between moving platforms, particularly if there are also enemies to contend with.
Like This Game? Review Shadowworld Adventure Retro Platform Game
Shadoworld Adventure Platformer Game
Shadow World Adventure 8-Bit Platforming Game Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.