This is a 30-stage base defense game where you face waves of aliens on each level.
- Shoot aliens before they shoot you.
- Pick up the coins aliens leave behind.
- Use your in-game coin savings to purchase more powerful weapons and upgrade your base defenses.
Play Soldier Legend Game Online
Children and parents can play this shoot em up base defense game by clicking in the window below.
Alternatively kids and adults can play this alien invasion shooter video game for free as a web application .
Soldier Legend Base Defense Game for Kids Video Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Shoot the waves of alien attacks to defeat the aliens before they defeat you. Collect coins and use your purse to purchase improved defenses.
- Starting the Game
- Select anywhere on the game loading screen to bring up the game welcome screen.
- Select (almost) anywhere on the welcome screen to start playing the game.
- You play levels sequentially.
- Your web browser automatically saves your game progress including beat levels, weapon unlocks, and base upgrades.
- The game welcome screen has 5 buttons on it: more games, trophies, shop, developer credits, and sound control.
- Game Controls
- Use your mouse to aim and the mouse left click button to fire.
- Move left using the A key or the left arrow key.
- Move right using the D key or the right arrow key.
- Jump by using the W key or the up arrow key.
- Spacebar – die, so you can replay the current level.
- Touchscreen devices
- Use the on screen controls.
- The move buttons to move left or right & jump are in the lower left corner.
- The shooting direction button is in the lower right corner.
- Controls & indicators
- The upper left corner of the game has a pause button.
- Midscreen on the left rail there is a reload button.
- The upper right corner of the game a sound control button.
- The right rail of the game has your 3 mana button action items: landmines, drop bombs, or install a fixed gatling gun.
- After you beat each wave of enemies it tells you what your next wave will be and how many waves there are total.
- Above your character it shows how much ammo you are carrying, what your maximum ammo carrying amount is, how full your mana is, and how full your health is.
- Game Play
- Shoot at the aliens.
- Reload your weapon in between waves or whenever you run out of ammo.
- While you are reloading you can not shoot the enemy, however you can use the power up attacks.
- Move around to avoid getting hit.
- Move left or right quickly to evade most enemy shots & jump to throw.
- This game has 8 different guns.
- You start the game with the pistol equipped, but can purchase the other 7 weapons with better guns being more expensive & generally being able to carry more ammo (with the exception of the low-ammo bazooka).
- Your gun automatically reloads to full if you run out of ammo, but you can not shoot while it is reloading.
- You can manually trigger a reload while you still have some ammo left in order to refill your ammo faster.
- Large ammo storage can be a double edge sword.
- A lot of ammo means you rarely have to reload, but if you wait until you are empty to reload you will then take a long time to reload.
- If you are busy reloading and are about to get hit by an enemy consider dropping a landmine or using one of the other mana based attacks.
- A table below highlights the details for each weapon type.
- Power Ups
- You can lay landmines, drop missiles, and install a temporary machine gun.
- These features can be upgraded with the initial upgrade costing 40 coins and the peak upgrade costing 225 coins. For each purchase coins you get
- 10% more damage from your landmines
- 10% more damage from your missiles (at the 100, 150 & 200 coin upgrade levels you add a new bomb rather than doing more damage per bomb)
- the machine gun lasting 10% longer
- Power ups and towers can be upgraded 10 times each.
- The coin upgrades for most towers & power ups have a cost range similar to the following sequence: 40, 60, 80, 100, 110, 125, 150, 175, 200, 225.
- For mines it is 40, 50, 80, 120, 130, 150, 175, 220, 250.
- For missiles it is 40, 50, 80, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 210, 250.
- For machine guns it is 50, 60, 70, 100, 110, 120, 140, 150, 200, 250.
- These power ups use mana.
- Each mine you drop costs 20 mana.
- Missiles cost 50 mana.
- Using the machine gun costs 80 mana.
- You start each level with 100 mana, can hold a maximum of 100 mana, & it restores over time after use.
- When you use a power up you need sufficient mana to use it again AND you have to wait a few seconds for that power up to recharge to be available again.
- There are three towers in this game you can upgrade: an aircraft gun, a robo-factory, and a mana tower.
- The mana tower is available immediately.
- Upgrading its recovery time by 5% costs 40 coins, then 50, 80, 100, 125, 150, 170, 180, 200, 210.
- The robo-factory builds robots which help take out enemies on the ground, though the robots last for a limited period of time.
- The robo-factory becomes available when you reach level 4.
- Increasing the fire rate 10% costs 40 coins. Subsequent upgrades cost 60, 80, 100, 110, 125, 150, 175, 200, and 225.
- When you get up to the 100 coin tier that increases robot time 20%. That lasts for 4 upgrades, then when you get up to the 175 level you switch back to increasing fire rate 10% on subsequent upgrades.
- The aircraft gun shoots at both airborne enemies and enemies walking oun the ground.
- It becomes available when you reach level 10.
- Boosting your fire rate 5% costs 50 coins, then 75, 90, 100, 115, 130, 150, 175, 200, 225.
- This game has 30 levels you unlock sequentially.
- When you beat a level you can’t go back and play it but instead repeatedly play the current level until you beat it.
- Early levels only have 3 waves of enemies, but some of the later levels have 7 waves of enemies with the enemies being more powerful and plentiful.
- You start each level with 100 health.
- If your health goes to zero you lose & can replay the level.
- This game offers unlimited continues.
- Even when you die you keep whatever coins you collected during that level & can use the coins to purchase further upgrades to your weapons or base.
- This game has over a dozen different types of ground and air enemies.
- Enemies come faster as you get further into the game and they are more powerful.
- Generally the strength of enemies increases faster than the strength of your gun, with the exception of the bazooka and the gatling guns, but those both have tough ammo related issues.
- The bazooka only carries 3 ammo and keeps needed to be reloaded.
- The gatling gun carries 90 ammo, which means if you get low on ammo and need to reload it you may not be able to fire for quite a while in this fast paced game.
- The most important things to upgrade in this game are your gun, the robo-factory, and the aircraft gun.
- Having a strong robo-factory & aircraft gun allow you to have offense working for you even if you are not shooting. That allows you to focus on reloading you weapon near the end of each wave so that your weapon is full when the next wave begins.
- Other upgrades are great as well, but those work passively & do not require you dropping a mine, activating missiles, or engaging in anything other than reloading your weapon.
- Before each wave begins ensure your ammo is full & try to drop a landmine near one side of the screen or the other.
- If you repeatedly lose a level then the waves will be essentially the same on repeat plays, so if you know where certain enemies appear consider breaking out more of your mana based attacks on those sequences.
- Enemy strategy
- Try to take out the enemies which do the most damage to you first.
- The tall walking eye which takes 15 health points each time it shoots you is critical to destroy early.
- The large ground enemy which does 10 units of damage should also be hit early.
- Anything in the sky is critical to either evade or shoot early. The spaceships with precision targeting should be shot early & you should hit them while moving laterally to throw their aim off.
- If you are trapped by approaching aliens on both sides consider shooting through or jumping over the weaker side first to give yourself the ability to retreat in that direction while shooting back at the stronger side.
- Periodically drop landmines or take advantage of another mana attack to boost your offensive firepower.
- Target Audience
- The game is suited for players who like shooting games or base defense games.
- While the game contains guns players shoot aliens & there is no blood in the game.
- The game has no adult themed content.
The following table highlights the guns available for purchase in this game.
||manual, 3-way spreadshot
Like This Game? Review This Base Defense Alien Shoot ‘Em Up Video Game for Young Girls & Boys
Free Online Beetle Solitaire CardSoldier Legend Video Game for Children & Adults Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.