This is a card shedding game where Kings are wild & you lay cards into the center of the playing field in ascending order from Ace to Queen. You must get rid of cards in your reserve stack to the left before time runs out & before your opponent clears their stack. If you like this game we also offer Spite & Malice Extreme, which allows use of each other’s discard piles.
- Play cards into the stacks in the center in ascending order. You may play cards from any area on your side of the table.
- Try to use up the cards in the left play stack before your opponent does & before time runs out.
- At the end of your turn lay a card to one of your 4 discard piles.
Play Spite and Malice Game Online
Children and parents can play this single player card shedding game by clicking in the window below.
Alternatively kids and adults can play this playing cards shedding video game vs the computer for free as a web application .
Spite and Malice Card Shedding Game for Kids Video Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Play all 20 cards from the play stack to the 4 stacks in the center of the table before your opponent does the same & before the time limit runs out.
- Starting the Game
- Select the yellow cheese colored Play button in the upper right of the game’s welcome screen to play the game in the ordinary timed mode, or click the Untimed button to play the game in untimed mode.
- The game’s welcome screen also contains buttons for gameplay help, high scores, and more games.
- The lower left corner of the game has a language select dropdown & the lower right corner of the game has buttons for social sharing or reading game developer information.
- Game Controls
- Use your mouse left click button to select cards & drag them to where you want to play them.
- Touchscreen devices
- Tap the screen with your finger to use it like a mouse.
- Controls & indicators
- Near your play pile it shows how many cards you have remaining & your competitor’s play pile also shows their top card and how many cards they have remaining.
- The left rail of the game in between the play piles shows your current game score, remaining time, and what level you are on.
- At the bottom left of the game there are 4 buttons: pause, sound control, music control, and full screen mode.
- Game Play
- Laying Cards
- Lay cards to any of the 4 stacks in the center of the screen in sequential order starting with the Ace and working your way up to the Queen.
- Kings act as a wild card which can be thrown on any stack at any point in time.
- Lay preference
- In almost every situation it is best to use cards from your play stack first.
- After the play stack the preference should be to deal from your hand, then the discard pile.
- If you use all the cards from your hand in a turn you are dealt a new set of 5 cards, which you can continue to play on the same turn.
- At the end of your turn you indicate your turn is over by moving one of the cards from your hand to one of the discard piles on the right.
- When placing a card on one of your discard stacks it is best to put the same number on itself as frequently as possible to leave as many open play options as you can.
- If laying a card from your hand enables your opponent to remove the top card from their Play stack you may want to hold the card in your hand until the next turn, or wait until you can lay multiple cards at once to skip past their play card.
- For most players the time limit in timed mode is bigger competition than the competing player, so if you have a big lead on the play stack it may make sense to give your opponent some easy lays if it helps you get dealt more cards.
- Timed mode
- This game has a total of 3 levels. The first level has an 8 minute time limit & each of the subsequent levels reduce your time limit by 30 seconds.
- You have to get rid of all 20 of your play stack cards before your competitor gets rid of theirs & before time runs out.
- If you fail a level you can replay it.
- Untimed mode
- Untimed mode is just like timed mode except there is no time limit.
- Your game score is cumulative across levels.
- Each card you lay to the middle is worth 50 points.
- Each second you have remaining when you beat a level is worth 5 points.
- Target Audience
- The game is suited for people of all ages who like playing card shedding games.
- The game has no adult themed content.
Like This Game? Review This Online Playing Cards Shedding Video Game for Young Girls & Boys
Spite and Malice Card Video Game
Free Online Spite and Malice Video Game for Children & Adults Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.