This is a side-scrolling shooting game where you play an X-Wing fighter.
- Shoot enemy ships.
- Avoid getting hits and collect power ups including health restoring heart containers.
- Complete missions and score points in the simulation round to further upgrade your ship.
Play Star Wars X-Wing Fighter Game Online
Children and adults can play this flying shooting game by clicking in the window below. This game is large so takes a bit of time to load on the first play through. When you beat a level if it does not advance you to the next level click on the pause button to bring up the menu and click on the left arrow in that menu or refresh your web browser to bring up the level select menu. If you die & the game is stuck you can also refresh your web browser to restart the game.
Alternatively kids and parents can play this fun mission-based flight game as a web application .
Star Wars X-Wing Fighter Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Move around the screen and shoot competing ships while avoiding their bullets, lasers, and rockets.
- Starting the Game
- The welcome screen has buttons on it for showing a variety of game features.
- Upper left corner – play other games & achievements.
- Upper right corner – game play instructions and sound control
- Shopping cart – upgrade your X-Wing Fighter’s attributes
- Gray arrow in bottom middle – play the game
- Leaderboard – shows gameplay leaderboard (though only shows local scores)
- The game automatically stores your high score, level progress, and X-Wing fighter attributes in your local web browser.
- Game Controls
- Use the mouse or arrow keys to move your fighter vertically and horizontally
- Hold the spacebar or mouse to charge your laser cannon
- Run over pick ups like defense shields, health restoration and missiles.
- You can collect multiple upgrades at the same time like deflector shields, Blue Squadron assistance, and missiles.
- When in simulation mode touch the void warp icon to change zones.
- The upper right corner of the screen has a pause button
- Touchscreen device
- Use the on-screen controls.
- Level select
- The game offers three levels.
- Battle on Takodana
- Starkiller Base Assault
- Each of the first 2 levels have 2 parts to them and you can score up to a 3-star rating on each of those levels.
- You must beat the first level to unlock the second level.
- You can go back and replay levels you have already beat.
- The bottom of the level screen shows how far along the current level you are.
- Staying alive
- Your health bar is shown at the top center of the screen.
- Avoiding fire is more important than killing all competing ships, particularly when your health is low. Enemy ships can still shoot at you even after the Tie Fighters have passed you.
- Whenever you see a heart container and your health is low run over it as fast as you can.
- When your health is low the edges of the screen turn red.
- Your laser cannon is far more powerful than your regular shot. Shooting the cannon periodically even when it is partially charged is far more effective than using regular shots.
- After you upgrade your shot you can automatically shoot regular shots at a slow rate while focusing on the cannon.
- If you have to choose between only one or the other then repeatedly using even a partially charged laser cannon is generally more effective than rapidly firing on enemies.
- From the game welcome screen you can upgrade your health, cannon power and shot frequency.
- Each attribute starts off with a 1 in 4 rating.
- Upgrading to level 2 costs 80,
- Upgrading to level 3 costs 150.
- Upgrading to level 4 costs 300.
- The total cost of upgrading all 3 fully is 1590.
- Earn a trophy for every 10 challenges you complete. You can view the challenges from the metals button on the upper left of the welcome screen.
Like This Game? Review This Free Flying Dogfight Fighter Game
Star Wars X-Wing Fighter Flying Game
Star Wars X-Wing Fighter Shooting Mission Game Screenshot
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.