This is a simple and fun base defense game. You can play it single player or in two player coop mode. We also offer Sahara Invasion, which is the sequel to this game.
- Shoot all competing tanks with your tank.
- Prevent competing tanks from destroying your base.
- Careful with your fire as you can accidentally shoot your own base.
Play Tank Wars Online
You can play this base defense strategy tank game inside this webpage below by tapping on the screen or clicking your mouse. After loading reaches 100% click the white arrow in the green box to begin.
Alternatively you can play this cooperative tank game as a web application .
Tank Wars Multiplayer Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Shoot opposing tanks while preventing them from destroying your base.
- Begin the Game
- Click the green arrow on the loading screen.
- The i button on the welcome screen shows the various power ups which are available.
- You can control sounds using the buttons on the lower right corner of the welcome screen.
- Select 1 or 2 players (green or blue).
- In two player mode the game is cooperative.
- If you select one player the keyboard arrow keys are used to drive the tank and point where it is shooting while the spacebar shoots.
- If you select two players then the number arrow keys drive the second tank and the number 0 shoots the second tank. In two player mode the letter keys a, w, d and s act as the direction pad for the first tank and the first player still shoots with the spacebar.
- If you prefer to use the touchscreen the movement controls are in the lower left side of the screen and the fire button is in the lower right corner.
- Select your difficulty level: easy, normal, medium, hard, then click the green arrow at the right of the screen.
- Select the level you would like to play.
- When you are on the level overview page click your mouse or tap on the screen to begin play.
- By default this game comes with 10 levels. You can play any of them at the 4 different difficulty levels, but you will have to beat level 1 to unlock level 2.
- If you run out of tanks or your base is destroyed you lose. If you die in a level you can retry it.
- If you beat a level but would have liked to have done better then after the level you can click on the rounded circle arrow button to play it again.
- If you beat a level and would like to go to the next one click on the green button with the white arrow pointing right.
- The game also has an in-game level designer (the orange button in the bottom middle portion of the welcome screen) where you can develop up to 120 custom levels. Levels can be exported into a custom levels.json file.
- Level Movement
- Your tank’s shot tends to move in the direction you last moved unless you alter it by tapping in another direction.
- You can move through trees.
- You can not move through the large concrete barriers.
- You can shoot down brick walls and then drive your tank where they once were.
- Periodically power ups will flash on the screen. Collecting them will make the game easier for you.
- Defend Your Base
- Prevent enemy tanks from destroying your base.
- If an enemy tank is between you and your base it may make more sense to ram them than to shoot them as you can accidentally shoot your own base!
- Shoot the Enemy Tanks
- Depending on the difficulty level, some tanks may only require a shot or two while other tanks may require many shots.
- You can tap the spacebar rapidly to shoot rapidly.
- When one bullet is on the screen you can not shoot again until after the bullet has hit something.
- If you run into another tank both tanks die.
- The screen shows how many tanks you have remaining along with how many tanks the enemy has remaining. These counts are how many tanks remain in the base and do not include the tanks on the playing field.
- Even on hard mode this game is not too difficult.
- The key to making the game easy is to figure out where there are choke points the enemy has to pass through and then align your tank so that you can shoot at them before they can shoot at you when they change directions and have to go through a choke point.
- Another good option is to set your tank in a position where you have a clear shot over a long distance and slowly pick them off.
- Collect Bonus Power Ups
- The game has a variety of power ups that periodically flash on the screen for a limited amount of time.
- Rolling over the power ups will grant you extra powers.
|1UP / Heart
||Take 1 or more stars & get a new tank
||Get new tank T4
||Temporary tank protection
||Destroys all enemies on the screen
||All enemies on the screen drive slowly
||temporarily increases base protection
||turns water into ice
Like This Game? Review This Single Player or Two Player Cooperative Tank Battle Game
Tank Wars Base Defense Game
Tank Wars Game Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.