This is a simple basketball shooting game featuring one of animation history’s most beloved frenemy duos. Tom is shooting hoops, and Jerry is trying to stop him.
- As Tom, shoot as many baskets as you can.
- Make multiple shots in a row without touching the rim to activate the score bonus.
- Your game ends after running out of your 3 basketballs. Each miss costs you a ball & you can restore lost balls by making shots with the red, white and blue ball.
Play Tom & Jerry Backyard Hoops Game Online
Children and parents can play this free throw shooting game by clicking in the window below.
Alternatively kids and adults can play this basketball shooting practice video game for free as a web application .
Tom & Jerry Backyard Hoops Shooting Practice Game for Kids Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Help Tom make as many shots as you can. Your game ends when you miss three baskets.
- Starting the Game
- Select the play button at the bottom of the welcome screen to begin.
- Your web browser automatically saves your high score. Your high score is displayed on the upper right corner of the welcome screen.
- Game Controls
- With your mouse, left click and drag to shoot the ball.
- Touchscreen devices
- Tap and swipe with your fingers on the screen to shoot the ball.
- The game has a pause
- Game Play
- As Tom, shoot basketballs as many times as you can.
- A cutscene plays periodically between baskets.
- The strength of your movement does not matter, but what matters is the left or right angle.
- How the game is programmed you shoot further left or right than your motion would make it appear, as small changes in your shot angle make dramatic differences to the shot direction.
- In general, you can only miss 3 times.
- The number of misses you’ve made can be seen at the backboard next to the hoop.
- Once you miss a third time, it’s game over.
- Jerry will laugh at you if you miss.
- On occasion, the game will give you a chance to earn an extra life.
- You get to shoot a white, red, and blue ball.
- If that ball goes through, you regain an extra life.
- After shooting a few baskets, the game increases the difficulty:
- Sometimes, Jerry will actively try to block the ball. If he is standing on the rim wait for him to go back onto the backboard to shoot.
- After the first few shots, the basket will shift positions, either to the right or to the left.
- A few shots after that, the basket will move back and forth.
- Scoring and Score Multiplier
- Each basket you make is worth 2 points if the ball touches the rim.
- If the ball does not touch the rim your basket counts as 3 points.
- If you hit multiple 3 pointers in a row that enables a score multiplier bonus where the second shot is worth double, the third shot is worth double that, and so on.
- It is easy to score near 100 points if you get off to a good start.
- For example, if you made 5 shots in a row without hitting the rim you would score 93 points (3 + 6 + 12 + 24 + 48).
- Getting the multiplier going and keeping it for an extended period of time is easiest at the start of the game when the basket is directly in front of you.
- After getting off to a good start a couple times I received a fire ball. Making that shot would double the total game score.
- There is also an ice ball which may show up, but I never obtained it after a few dozen plays.
- Target Audience
- Tom & Jerry fans of all ages should like this game.
- The game has no adult content.
Like This Game? Review This Basketball Free Throw Practice Game for Young Girls & Boys
Tom & Jerry Backyard Hoops Game
Free Online Tom & Jerry Backyard Hoops Game for Children & Adults Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.