Join virtual teacher Suzzane in an exploration of resources.
- Learn the differences between natural resources and man-made resources, then classify resources.
- Learn about the food chain.
- Place animals in their natural habitats.
Play World of Resources Game Online
Children and parents can play this resource classification game by clicking in the window below.
Alternatively kids and adults can play this science video game for free as a web application .
World of Resources Game for Kids Video Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Read through the instructions, drag resources where they go by classification, feed animals, and place animals in their natural habitat.
- Starting the Game
- Press the New Game button in the center of the screen to start play.
- The lower left corner of the welcome screen has buttons for controlling game sounds.
- Game Controls
- Use your mouse left click button to scroll through the narration & instruction text, and to grab items and drag them where they need to go.
- Touchscreen devices
- Tap the screen with a finger to select & move items or scroll through the narration and game play instructions.
- Game Play
- This is a science basics game which teaches students about types of resources.
- Natural resources vs man made resources
- The first part of the game explains natural resources.
- Next the game explains man made resources.
- Then students are asked to move 10 resources to one side or the other by classification.
- Food chain
- Students are then asked to water grass, feed the grass to rabbits & give the rabbits water.
- Next students are asked to feed the wolves rabbits and give them water.
- Natural habitat
- The game ends by asking students to place plants and animals in their natural habitats.
- Scenes include a forest, Antartica, and an African savannah.
- Target Audience
- The game is suited for children who are learning science basics & like to learn via interactive games.
- The game has a small section on the food chain where wolves eat rabbits, but the scene is not graphic and there is no blood.
- Other than the above the game has no adult themed content.
Like This Game? Review This Science Video Game for Young Girls & Boys
Free Online World of Resources Video Game for Children & Adults Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.