This is a cute 90-stage hangman rescue game.
- Aim your arrows to cut down the ropes holding the hangmen. Be careful not to hit the hangmen with your arrows! Save all the hangmen before their health runs out.
- Collect up to 3 stars on each stage. Use the stars to purchase in-game upgrades and unlock new character skins.
- Some stages require you to bounce arrows off of bullseyes. The second half of the game also requires you to shoot your arrows through moving flames.
Play Arrow Shooter Game Online
Children and parents can play this archery game by clicking in the window below.
Alternatively kids and adults can play this hangman rescue video game for free as a web application .
Arrow Shooter Game for Kids Video Game Play Instructions
How to Play
Use a limited number of arrows to save all the hang men by cutting the ropes above them. Hit stars to earn credits which can be used to unlock in-game upgrades.
- Starting the Game
- Select the red and white button in the center of the game’s welcome screen to bring up the level select screen.
- Levels are unlocked sequentially.
- Your web browser automatically saves your game progress.
- The bottom center of the welcome screen shows how many levels you have unlocked.
- The upper left corner of the welcome screen has a settings button which can be used to reset your game progress.
- Game Controls
- Use your mouse left click button and move the cursor across the screen to aim, then release to fire an arrow.
- Touchscreen devices
- Tap the screen with a finger and drag your finger across the screen to aim, then release to fire an arrow.
- Controls & indicators
- The upper left corner of the game shows how many stars you have earned, how many arrows you have remaining, and has buttons for upgrades and skin unlocks.
- The top center of the screen shows your current level number.
- The upper right corner of the game has buttons for returning home, going to the level select screen, and restarting the current level.
- Each hanging man has a health bar above it showing its health in white & the depleted health in red.
- Game Play
- The goal of this game is to shoot your arrows precisely to use a limited number of arrows to knock down & rescue hanging men by cutting the ropes above them.
- Some stages have obstacles you have to arc shots over or bullseyes you need to bounce your arrows off.
- The second half of the game also has a moving fireball you need to pass arrows through in order to be able to shoot through a metal barrier.
- The hanging men have naturally depleting health while they hang. If you hit the hanging men with arrows that further reduces their health.
- Each stage has 3 stars on it which you can collect with your arrows.
- Stars can be used to purchase upgrades that make the game easier or unlock other character skins.
- This game has 90 stages which are unlocked sequentially.
- You can replay previously beat levels at any time.
- Each level has a unique configuration with a number of different hang men to knock down & rescue on it.
- The first 45 levels are fairly standard. Some require you to arc shots over barriers, while others require you to bounce arrows off of bullseyes.
- The last 45 stages are much harder than the first 45 stages as you’ll need to not only aim your arrows precisely, but you also need to time your shots so that the arrow’s flight path passes through a flame before going through a metal barrier.
- Winning vs losing
- You win a stage by knocking down all the hanging men before running out of arrows.
- You lose a stage if you run out of arrows or if a hanging man’s health reaches zero.
- This game offers unlimited continues.
- Star rating
- You can earn up to 3 stars on each stage.
- You earn a star by passing one of your arrows through it.
- Your star ratings are only recorded when you knock down all hanging men on that stage.
- Upgrades / Power Ups
- The game has 5 different upgrade types.
- Each feature can be upgraded 4 times.
- Upgrading tiers costs 4, 6, 8, and 10.
- It costs 28 to fully upgrade a feature & 140 to fully upgrade all.
- Upgrade features
- Health – the health of a hanging man reduces slower as you upgrade it.
- Arrow resistance – the health of the hanging man does not fall as much if you accidentally strike it with an arrow.
- Arrows – obtain more arrows to fire on each round. You start each round with 5 arrows, but can carry up to 9 when it is fully upgraded. The arrow status in the upper left only shows 5 remaining arrows at most, even if you have 9 arrows remaining.
- Slow fireball – the moving fireball moves slower.
- Lucky star – increases the chance you will obtain more stars.
- In addition to the default skin the game has 8 other unlockable skins.
- All skins play the same other than aesthetics.
- You can switch back and forth between unlocked characters at any time.
- Skin costs
- The blue boy and green monster cost 10 coins each to unlock.
- The green zombie, kid with red glasses, and black lady with gold earrings cost 30 each to unlock.
- The sheriff, clown, and boy with paper bag over his head cost 50 each to unlock.
- It costs a total of 260 to unlock all characters.
- Aiming order
- If there is a hard to make shot sometimes it can make sense to do that shot first so that you can efficiently use your arrows on it before making the easier shots.
- In some cases you’ll need to knock down higher placed characters before lower characters to get them out of your line of fire to hit the lower hanging men.
- If there is a star which is out of the way you may want to hit it early before going after saving the hanging men so that you can collect it, as the level automatically ends when all hanging men have been knocked down.
- In some cases you’ll want to knock down the hanging man first before getting the nearby star as trying to get both can lead to hitting the hanging man.
- If you hit a hanging man with an arrow and have not done many upgrades yet then you’ll want to target the same hanging man again quickly until you knock him down as he’ll have reduced health. After making a number of upgrades you have more time as the health depletes slower and the hanging men have greater arrow resistance.
- Aiming tips
- When you ricochet shots through the bullseye in some cases they will almost always go exactly where you want, while in some cases you’ll need to use a lighter force and a different angle to have the outbound redirect work.
- If your aim is true but your timing was off for the flame (from levels 46 onward) you can leave your mouse cursor in the same spot as it was the prior shot to shoot the same shot again but time it for when the fireball is in the correct position.
- If your arrows arc moves high out of screen your arrow is unlikely to reappear in the level, so you have to view the upper boundary of the screen as a hard boundary.
- If your arrow has to go through a metal barrier you can hit the fire at any point before passing through the barrier (e.g. before or after hitting a bullseye).
- Each time your arrow passes through a rope or metal barrier it slows down and arcs downward a bit, so you’ll need to increase your shot strength to offset if you are passing through many barriers.
- You can upgrade at any time so long as you have at least 4 stars. Upgrading makes the game much easier as it allows you to take your time with your shots & play more conservatively with your aim (as you have more time, have more arrows, and can accidentally hit the hanging men more times).
- The fireball does not come into play until level 46, so it makes sense to upgrade the other features first.
- It makes sense to upgrade all features (other than the fireball) in parallel since the cost per upgrade increases as you upgrade each feature.
- Since the skins are purely aesthetic it makes sense to only upgrade those after all other features have been upgraded.
- Target Audience
- The game is suited for players who like cute archery games.
- The game has no adult themed content.
Like This Game? Review This Ragdoll Physics Archery Video Game for Young Girls & Boys
Free Online Arrow Shooter Video Game for Children & Adults Screenshots
Mobile Friendly Cross Browser Support
This game is rendered in mobile-friendly HTML5, so it offers cross-device gameplay. You can play it on mobile devices like Apple iPhones, Google Android powered cell phones from manufactures like Samsung, tablets like the iPad or Kindle Fire, laptops, and Windows-powered desktop computers. All game files are stored locally in your web browser cache. This game works in Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other modern web browsers.